The Prototype Open is back and better than ever! We have over 120 of our amazing members signed up and competing on two teams. The teams are Baby Got Black (#BabyGotBlack) led by 2018 Community Member of the Year Dr. Annie Powell and team Abominable Snow Monsters of the North (#TeamAbominable) led by 2018 Community Member of the Year Col. Brent French.
As you all know, 19.1 is now officially in the books! It was an elegantly brutal workout which included Wall Ball Shots and Rowing for calories. After the workout was announced Thursday night, two of our athletes went head to head to kick off the 2019 Prototype Open, Mark DiRienzo from#BabyGotBlack and Joey Walker from #TeamAbominable. Joey bested Mark in the head to head earning himself an additional 5 points. Mark being the runner up earned his team an additional 3 points! Below is the full workout:
15 min AMRAP
19 Wall Ball Shots (20/14lb; 10/9ft target)
19 Cal Row
We saw some amazing performances this past week and we want highlight some of these individuals and give you a scoring update after week 1:
First, we would like to give a shout out to EVERYONE who signed up for the CrossFit Open/Prototype Open. Way to step outside your comfort zone! This can be a daunting thing to do, however we all believe you can do it! Also, a shout out to all of those who are participating in their first CrossFit Open/Prototype Open, so awesome!!
Below are your Top 10 scores for the Women and Top 5 scores for the Men for 19.1 (3 additional points are added for these athletes):
- Caitlin Pond-244 (#TeamAbominable)
- Ros Sterns-242 (#BabyGotBlack)
- Bethany Farrar-241(#TeamAbominable)
- Nicki Rohloff-240(#TeamAbominable)
- Lisa Zancewicz-235 (#BabyGotBlack)
- Erin Burton-234 (#BabyGotBlack)
- Helene Desjardins-228 (#TeamAbominable)
- Lauren Palmateer-228 (#BabyGotBlack)
- Peg Kinsman-228 (#BabyGotBlack)
- Annie Powell-226 (#BabyGotBlack)
- Mike Collette-342 (#BabyGotBlack)
- Joey Walker-324 (#TeamAbominable)
- Sam Kafel-309 (#TeamAbominable)
- Bill Cooper-296 (#BabyGotBlack)
- Carson Williams-289 (#TeamAbominable)
- Tim Welch-288 (#BabyGotBlack)
- Garret St.Onge-285 (#TeamAbominable)
- Jack Levy-284 (#TeamAbominable)
- Gerald Maunsell-282 (#TeamAbominable)
- Felipe Silveria-281 (#TeamAbominable)
Congrats to the top performing scores for 19.1, way to go everyone! Below are those individuals who earned PASSION POINTS for their respective teams! The energy at CFP this past week was INSANE so deciding who earned these was very difficult. Shout out to the individuals below for earning these awards and getting an additional 5 points for their team!
- Spirit of the Week: Cathy Milligan (#BabyGotBlack)
- Hardest Worker: Mo Alhassan (#TeamAbominable)
- Top Performer: Ros Sterns (#BabyGotBlack)
With all of that said, the score after week 1 was very close! The final scoring from Week 1 is below along with the link to the spreadsheet where you can see the full breakdown. Before taking a look at this, please take note of the reminders below:
- Wear your Team shirts on Fridays OR when you are completing the Open workout that week!
- Make sure to leave your score sheet in the folder at the desk after completing the workout!
- Don’t forget to log your score as well in WODIFY as we may retest these workouts down the road!
- Scores need to be submitted each week before 8pm ET on Monday into the Games.CrossFit.com site!
- Share your accomplishments and pictures on Facebook and Instagram and don’t forget your team # (#BabyGotBlack or #TeamAbominable) and TAG US! @crossfitprototype #PrototypeOpen #CrossFitPrototype
What do you think 19.2 will be? Share your thoughts and post them in our Members Only Group on Facebook!